Welcome to our Virtual Run from Land’s End to John O’Groats via Leicester Challenge
This is our first ever virtual event and we are also supporting Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People (50% of all donations will go to Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People).
Due to Covid-19, we have opted to make this a virtual run, across the UK. By taking part, you will be helping to raise money to support our youth projects and support the amazing work done by Rainbows.
As an added bonus we will also pass through Leicester, in what maybe the worlds first version of this run! To take part simply click on the registration button (it will take you to another site called MyVirtualMission) and join the run, create an account, pay the registration fee and you’re good to go. Instructions on how to create a team are inside the ‘Teams’ tab.
From the launch date, you and your team have 30 days to complete the walk and raise money for an amazing Charity.
We ask that you get all your sponsors to donate (button below) within 2 weeks of your completing your run.
Saturday 18th July 2020
You can register your place right now, but the event will not start until Saturday 18th July. That means you will not be able to log any steps until then. The fee to register starts from £7.00 and this will get you into the event. You will also receive a welcome letter and runner number by email (certificates will be sent via email on completion). If you want a tshirt and/or medal please choose the the Silver or Gold level registration package (whichever is appropriate).
Once you have registered, you should start asking people to sponsor you. You can collect the sponsorships anyway you like but the money must be donated through our donation link below. You can ask your sponsors to do this directly or you can collect cash and pay it in on thier behalf, using the link below.
Because the distance is so long, we are also enabling people complete it in teams. This means you can team up with your nan, or school mates or colleagues. Even if you aren’t living together (or in the same country), you can each register your place and then contribute to the total distance. Please note, account sharing is not permitted and can lead to your account being suspended.
Regardless of the type of exercises you do, you can use this conversation chart (http://www.myvirtualmission.com/blog/105-activities-converted-steps-miles/) that can help you to convert that exercise in steps. So regardless of what you do you can use it towards your step count.
Fees and donations
Sponsorship committment: By joining this event, we would like each person to try and raise atleast £50 in sponsorships. This should be paid in, using the donation button below within 2 weeks of completing your run. You can ask individual donors to pay thier sponsorship directly to us using the same button.
Registration Fee: £7.00/person (unlimited number of places). This will be paid in advance and go towards the general running of the event and its resourcing. This is a basic registration fee. We also have a Silver and Gold registration package which has merchandise (such as event t-shirt) included.
Registration is as easy as clicking the Green button below, then clicking ‘Join’ and completing the information (including paying your registration fee).
This is a virtual event and therefore you can complete this from home. You will be responsible for logging your steps either via the MyVirtualMission website, Google app or Apple app. You can also link the following sources to automatically update your MyVirtualMission profile: Apple Health, Strava, Fitbit, RunKeeper, Google Fit.
Each person must create thier own MyVirtualMission profile. Once you have your account, if you want to complete the journey as a group, follow the below guidance.
Create a team
If you are planning on doing the event as a team, you need to choose a Team Captain and decide on a team name and simple password. The Team Captain should email us with your team name and password. We will also send every Team Captain a box of chocolates once there is at least 6 registered participants in the team.
Join a Team
If your team has been created and you want to join them, please email us with the name of the team you want to join and the password.
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
How can donations help
Thanks to supporters like you, we have already supported hundreds of young people across Leicester and Leicestershire by providing volunteering places, projects and support. Every penny counts, especially during this lockdown that has come soon after a time when year on year cuts to youth services meant many young people were already being left out. This makes it even more important that we raise as much as possible to continue providing safe and practical opportunities for young people to grow and develop.
Thank you so much for wanting to fundraise for Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People, your support means the world to us, our children, young people and families. Did you know, we look after over 400 children and young people with life-limiting conditions, living right here in the East Midlands. Eight out of ten of these children, young people and families are funded by people like you, taking part in our events, giving donations and buying from our shops. 50% of all donations from this event will go to Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People
How to update your steps via the mobile app
How to update your steps via a PC/Laptop
Get your company involved
Your company can get involved in one of 3 ways.
1) Bronze – You can submit a team to take part in the event. Just email us and let us know the name of your team and the number of registrations you would like to purchase.
2) Silver – You can donate £100 and we will hold special giveaway during one of our event livestreams as well as add your logo to our event publicity.
3) Gold – You can donate £1000 and be a Key Sponsor. You will have a prominant logo on all event publicity and all merchandise, hold a giveaway during each of our livestreams and we will also adjust the course to pass by your office(s)
Gold Sponsorship must be agreed before the event launches. Bronze and Silver sponsors can be purchased at any time.
Our email address is email@example.com
These rules (“the Rules”) also known as the Terms and Conditions, apply to Land’s End to John O’Groats via Leicester 2020 (the “Event”), and by registering for the Event you are agreeing to comply with them. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend the Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters. All participants are encouraged to read these rules, in full before registering their place.
If you have any questions, please contact the COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 and we will be happy to assist you.
The Event is organised by COG Youth Services Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales, registered office: 53 Osmaston Road, Leicester, LE5 5JH, registered company number: 8441590).
Where reference is made to “COG” in these Rules, it means COG Youth Services Ltd.
1. The registration fee shall apply for all participants, regardless of age. If someone else is paying your registration fee, you must have thier permission before registering. Only those that have paid the registration fee will receive a Registration Pack and any accompaniments. This fee contributes towards the costs of staging the Event.
2. The registration fee is non-refundable once the Registration Pack has been posted. Unless there are extraordinary circumstances, such as we change the Event venue, time and/or date in a material way and you are no longer able to attend the Event, or if we cancel the Event altogether. However, we will endevour to accomodate any changes and ask that you let us know as soon as possible if you need or want to withdraw from your Event for any reason.
3. Entry places in the Event are personal to participants and you may not transfer your place to anyone else, as it may cause problems of identification, for example.
4. Registration Packs will be issued to registered participants. If you have registered for the Event and your Registration Pack does not arrive within one week of registration, please call the COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 and we will advise you of the appropriate arrangements.
5. As this ia a virtual event, we are able to accept entries up until the last day of the event. Your Registration Pack and accompaniments will be given to you after payment, however, if you register within a week of the event date, we cannot guarantee you will receive a Registration Pack or accompaniments, before the event begins.
6. The Event is open to everyone, regardless of age or ability. Only registered participants are eligible to take part.
7. Individuals will be able to register multiple participants, including those aged under 13, through the registration button below. If you are registering an extra participant who is under 13, you must have the card holders permission.
8. Participants may be required to provide proof of age on the night of the Event. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event, with no refund, to any participant who is under age, or is unable to provide proof of age when requested to do so by any Event official.
9. Event entry will close when maximum participant capacity is reached.
1. Due to the nature of the event, COG will be recruiting volunteers to help manage social media and moderate live streams. We are looking for people with knowledge of this that are aged 13+.
2. If you would like to register as a volunteer, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we will do our best to ensure you can volunteer, all placements will be subject to appropriate checks and training.
1. Participants of all abilities and disabilities are encouraged to paticipate in the event. As this is a virtual event, you will be responsible for managing your activity level and activity environment. Distance travelled is based on the number of steps taken, therefore can be done by stepping whilst in a sitting position, walking on the spot, climbing the stairs, walking around your garden and more, to name a few appropriate places.
2. Please ensure you are following government guidelines, when taking part in the event.
2. All assistance animals and friendly pets are welcome join us, for free.
3. Careful users of baby strollers/prams are allowed on to Event.
5. Any participants that choose to undertake all or part of thier walk in public areas should ensure they follow government advise and guidelines.
6. Please ensure to take as many breaks as you need to safely participate in the event. If you are having any difficulties, please stop what you are doing and if symptoms or pain persists ring 111.
Changes and Last Minute Arrangements
1. The event starts at midnight of the date in the description. You should only count your steps between these days/times.
2. We reserve the right to alter the course before the start date. No refunds will be due in these circumstances although we will try to notify participants in advance of any significant changes where we are able to do so.
1. All participants and supporters must abide by the Rules and any rules, instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the Event by police and/or Event officials.
2. We respectfully ask all participants along with their supporters not to use aggressive or abusive language towards our Event organisers, marshals, officials, volunteers, other participants or members of the public. You should also avoid behaving in a way which may cause injury or harm to other participants and/or members of the public, or which may cause offence or damage the reputation of COG Youth Services Ltd.
4. We respectfully ask all participants along with their supporters to be respectful of local residents whilst out and not to make any excessive noise.
5. We ask all participants and their supporters to abide by any local rules. This includes respecting the environment you are walking through, such as not dropping litter but carrying it with you until you can dispose of it responsibly, this includes any organic waste. Picking wild flowers without a permit is illegal and we are duty bound to report any acts we deem to be deliberate
6. COG Youth Services Ltd is a youth service provider and as such opposes the promotion and use of tobacco, smoking in all its forms and the consumption of alcohol. We therefore ask participants and supporters to refrain from using any illegal substances, smoking any tobacco products and e-cigarettes, drinking alcohol or being under the influence of alcohol at any time when we are live streaming during the Event. We also ask that you do not share any images or video of you using any of the above during the event.
7. We reserve the right to ask participants and supporters to leave the Event if they do not adhere to these Rules, and no refunds shall be given in these circumstances.
Closure of Course and Finish Venue
1. We reserve the right to shut down the Event course and close access to the Event, after an appropriate amount of time has passed from the start of the Event. All participants still on the course will be directed to the finish point by the shortest/quickest route.
2. Any participant who has not finished the Event, within a reasonable time (decided at the discretion of the organisers) of the event being shut down, but chooses to continue, does so at their own risk with the understanding that they are no longer considered a participant of the Event, and as such are not eligible for any Event resources, and that they absolve us of any and all responsibility and progress entirely at their own risk.
Health and Safety and Medical
Sponsorship Monies and Donations
1. In addition to the registration fee (which is used to adminster and manage the event), we ask that you try to raise additional funds through our authorised sponsorship systems. 100% of money we receive will go to the cause you have chosen (this is usually the amount donated minus any transaction fees levied by the bank).
2. All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to the appropriate cause through the channels provided by COG Youth Services. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event. You can:
- Pay in your sponsorship money online with your credit or debit card through the Paypal link found on our event page.
3. COG (and our authorised service providers and agents) cannot accept any responsibility for the loss of any donations made in cash (whether by post or given in person). Please only use our authorised donation methods named in point 2 (above).
Use of your information
1. We will use any information provided for the purposes of organising, staging and administering the Event, including in order to send you your Registration Pack. If you provide personal information on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes. If you would prefer not to hear from us, and have not already told us this when you entered, you can contact us at email@example.com to let us know.
2. In the case of an emergency, we may also pass personal details provided by you to the emergency services or health care professionals, and also use them for the purposes of contacting your emergency contact.
3. If you are injured during the event and subsequently treated by medical providers, your details may be passed on by us only for health and safety purposes and in order to fulfil our legal obligations (including under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995). All accident details will be securely held on the COG Youth Services Ltd Database.
4. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and COG’s privacy statement which can be found here.
Filming and Photography
1. Please note that COG (and our authorised service providers and agents) or our commercial partners may film or photograph participants, volunteers and spectators taking part or attending the Event and use such footage or photographs for the following reasons:
- for COG to publicise the Event for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandising, and other documents that may be made available to the public; and
- for our commercial partners to publicise their involvement and/or association with the Event.
2. No personal details (including names or photographs) of anyone under the age of 14 will be used in the manner described above without the written consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian, but we may use images where children are incidentally included, for example of mass participation in the warm-up exercises or on the starting line.
3. Any images shared on social media regarding the event may be used by COG Youth Services for the purposes identified in point 1.
1. As this is a virtual event done from home, at your own pace adn ability, we will not be providing any insurance cover for any injury, loss or damage. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall limit our liability for any other liability that cannot be restricted or excluded by law.
1. Stocks of our merchandise are limited. In the event that the merchandise is not available we will send it to you as soon as practicable.
2. All participants understand that any products distributed at the Event are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or substituted if necessary. We cannot be held responsible for any third party supplier supplying merchandise or other items on the night of the Event.
1. Our lines are open Monday to Friday from 10.00am to 6.00pm (except bank holidays). Phone lines maybe unavailable on weekends. Please note that calls to our number may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.
2. Please allow up to 48 hours for a reply to our email. We are a small organisation and run by volunteers, which can hinder our efficiency during busy periods. Due to Covid-19, it may take longer for us to answer calls, reply to emails or respond to any queries.
We will be giving 50% of all donations to Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People
If you need any help with signing up, logging your distance or any other tech needs related to our event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07866633144.