A huge THANK YOU to all that supported this event.
We successfully scaled Snowdon with 17 people (including 9 young people) and conquered yet another of Britain’s tallest mountains.
Amount Raised so far – £778.00
Corporate Sponsorship Value – £150.00
Instructors – £150.00
Fuel – £117.83
Donation made to Urban Equestrian – £80.00
Other Costs – £80.00
Monday 12th August 2019
Starts at 4.00am, Ends at 10.00pm
Registration Fee: £30.00 (all children under 13 must register and be accompanied by an appropriate adult who has also registered for the event)
Recommended Additional Sponsorship: £70
Its time for our annual Sponsored Mountain Climb, to help raise money for our youth projects. This year we have teamed up with Urban Equestrian and plan to conquer Snowdon, the highest peak in Wales!
Everyone that registers will receive a Sponsorship Pack and transport to and from the mountain (Leicester City Centre only).
Registration is as easy as click the button below and making your payment. If you choose not to share your address, we will not be able to send out your Sponsorship Pack.
We will not be accepting any payments on the day. All payments must be done online and advance.
There is a limit of 15 people, that can take part in this event
How can donations help
You will receive a copy of each of these documents within your Registration Pack.
Get your company involved
Would you like to send your team up with us? You could raise money for your own charities as well as raise money for us at the same time. Alternatively, you could become a company sponsor of the walk and we could climb the mountain wearing your logo and make a special thank you video from some of our young people, at the top of the mountain.
These rules (“the Rules”) also known as the Terms and Conditions, apply to Sponsored Mountain Climb 2019 (the “Event”), and by registering for the Event you are agreeing to comply with them. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend the Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters. Registrations Packs should contain a ‘Mini Terms and Conditions’ leaflet, which acts as a quick guide to the rules. All participants are encouraged to read these rules, in full before registering their place.
If you have any questions, please contact the COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 and we will be happy to assist you.
Sponsored Mountain Climb 2019 is organised by COG Youth Services Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales, registered office: 53 Osmaston Road, Leicester, LE5 5JH, registered company number: 8441590).
Where reference is made to “COG” in these Rules, it means COG Youth Services Ltd.
1. The registration fee of £30.00 per participant shall apply for all participants, regardless of age. All participants aged under 13 must register and be accompanied by an appropriate adult who is also registered for the event. Only those that have paid the registration fee will receive a Registration Pack and any accompaniments. This fee contributes towards the costs of staging the Event.
2. Unfortunately given the nature of the Event, the registration fee is non-refundable unless we change the Event venue, time and/or date in a material way and you are no longer able to attend the Event, or if we cancel the Event altogether. We ask that you let us know as soon as possible if you need or want to withdraw from your Event for any reason.
3. Entry places in the Event are personal to participants and you may not transfer your place to anyone else, as it may cause problems of identification, for example.
4. Sponsored Mountain Climb 2019 Sponsorship Packs will be issued to registered participants from July 2019 onwards. If you have registered for the Event and your Sponsorship Pack does not arrive within one week of registration (after the issue date above), please call the COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 and we will advise you of the appropriate arrangements.
5. We are able to accept entries on the night of the Event. Your Sponsorship Pack and accompaniments will be given to you after payment, however, we cannot guarantee you will receive a Sponsorship Pack or accompaniments if you register within a week of the event date.
6. Sponsored Mountain Climb 2019 is open to both men and women. Only registered participants are eligible to take part.
7. Participants aged under 13 accompanied by an appropriate adult that has also registered for the event. Participants aged 18 or over will be able to register multiple participants, including those aged under 13, through the registration button below. If you are registering an extra participant who is under 13, you must have permission from that person’s parent or legal guardian.
8. Participants may be required to provide proof of age on the night of the Event. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event, with no refund, to any participant who is under age, or is unable to provide proof of age when requested to do so by any Event official.
9. Event entry will close when maximum participant capacity is reached.
1. Due to the nature of the event, COG will only be recruiting volunteers that hold a valid Mountain Leader Qualification (or equivalent).
2. If you would like to register as a volunteer, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we will do our best to ensure you can volunteer, all placements will be subject to appropraite checks being cleared.
1. Participants of all abilities and disabilities are encouraged to enter Sponsored Mountain Climb 2019. However, due to the nature of routes you will not be able to climb to the summit. All disabled participants, that are not able to walk to the summit will be given free return railway tickets to summit. Please call COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 as tickets are only available via advanced booking.
2. All assistance animals and friendly pets are welcome join us, for free, but must be kept on a lead at all times and any foul must be bagged and disposed off in appropriate bins. Though we will try our best to locate any lost assiatance animals or pets, we cannot accept any responsibilty should they become lost. Owners shoudl ensure they have adequate insurance in place before bringing any animals.
3. Careful users of baby strollers/prams are allowed on to Event and will be given free railway tickets to the summit. Please call COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 as tickets are only available via advanced booking.
4. Roller skates/blades, skateboards and/or scooters are not allowed on to Event. Anyone found using these items or any other items deemed unsafe by our guides will not be eligible for any Event resources (including but not limited to insurance cover and transport arrangements), and that they absolve us of any and all responsibility and progress entirely at their own risk not be allowed on the course or be asked to leave and will have to organise thier own return travel arrangements. Anyone aged between 13 and 17 will protected under the law but will have any offending items confiscated and thier parents/legal guardians will be charge an additional fee for the return travel.
5. The event takes place in a public area. All participants should make themselves aware of any public users of the paths and ensure they give way where appropriate.
Changes and Last Minute Arrangements
1. You should arrive at Phoneix Cinema Car Park at 3.30am. All participants arriving late may miss the bus to the event and will need to arrangfe thier own transport, should they still wish to take part. No refunds will be given to anyone that cannot take part in the event, due to being late.
2. We reserve the right to alter the course to the summit. No refunds will be due in these circumstances although we will try to notify participants in advance of any significant changes where we are able to do so.
1. All participants and supporters must abide by the Rules and any rules, instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the Event by police and/or Event officials.
2. We respectfully ask all participants along with their supporters not to use aggressive or abusive language towards our Event organisers, marshals, officials, volunteers, other participants or members of the public. You should also avoid behaving in a way which may cause injury or harm to other participants and/or members of the public, or which may cause offence or damage the reputation of COG Youth Services Ltd.
3. Members of the public are able to walk the route with participants at no charge, but will not receive any of the benefits of being a registered participant of the event (such as access to transport arrangements or insurance cover in case of injury).
4. We respectfully ask all participants along with their supporters to be respectful of local residents whilst out and not to make any excessive noise.
5. We ask all participants and their supporters to abide by the countryside code. This includes respecting the environment you are walking through by not dropping litter but carry it with you until you can dispose of it responsibly, this includes any organic waste as this can contaminate waterways and not picking any of the local flora or fauna. Picking wild flowers without a permit is illegal and we are duty bound to report any acts we deem to be deliberate
6. COG Youth Services Ltd is a youth service provider and as such opposes the promotion and use of tobacco, smoking in all its forms and the consumption of alcohol. All participants and supporters are therefore required to refrain from usinf any illegal substances, smoking any tobacco products and e-cigarettes, drinking alcohol or being under the influence of alcohol at any time during the Event, unless you have a doctors note permitting you to do so.
7. We reserve the right to ask participants and supporters to leave the Event if they do not adhere to these Rules, and no refunds shall be given in these circumstances.
Closure of Course and Finish Venue
1. We reserve the right to shut down the Event course and close access to the Event, after an appropriate amount of time has passed from the start of the Event. All participants still on the course will be directed to the finish point by the shortest/quickest route.
2. Any participant who has not finished the Event, within a reasonable time (decided at the discretion of the organisers) of the event being shut down, but chooses to continue, does so at their own risk with the understanding that they are no longer considered a participant of the Event, and as such are not eligible for any Event resources (including but not limited to insurance cover and transport arrangements), and that they absolve us of any and all responsibility and progress entirely at their own risk.
Health and Safety and Medical
- your name
- details of any health problems or current medication
- the name and number of a person to contact in case of an emergency
- any other information you consider could be relevant in the event of a medical emergency
Sponsorship Monies and Donations
1. To help us provide the very best youth provisions across Leicester and Leicestershire, we ask that you try to raise additional funds through our authorised sponsorship systems.
2. All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to COG Youth Services Ltd. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event. You can:
- Pay in your sponsorship money online with your credit or debit card through the Paypal link found on our event page.
- Send cheques made payable to “COG Youth Services” to:
COG Youth Services Ltd
53 Osmaston Road
Reverse of cheques should be marked “Sponsored Mountain Climb 2019” and your name.
3. COG (and our authorised service providers and agents) cannot accept any responsibility for the loss of any donations made in cash (whether by post or given in person). Please only use our authorised donation methods.
3. We are unable to accept any cash amounts on the night of the Event, as COG Youth Services Ltd does not have the suitable cash handling facilities. Only payments made online will be accepted.
Use of your information
1. We will use any information provided for the purposes of organising, staging and administering the Event, including in order to send you your fundraising pack. If you provide personal information on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes. If you would prefer not to hear from us, and have not already told us this when you entered, you can contact us at email@example.com to let us know.
2. In the case of an emergency, we may also pass personal details provided by you to the emergency services or health care professionals, and also use them for the purposes of contacting your emergency contact.
3. First aid will be administered at the event, in the event of any accident or injury. If you are treated by medical providers, your details may be passed on to us only for health and safety purposes and in order to fulfil our legal obligations (including under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995). All accident details will be securely held on the COG Youth Services Ltd Database.
4. If you have ticked to Opt In on the registration document, we will act on your behalf to add you to the Public Newsletter mailing list.
5. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and COG’s privacy statement which can be found here.
Filming and Photography
1. Please note that COG (and our authorised service providers and agents) or our commercial partners may film or photograph participants, volunteers and spectators taking part or attending the Event and use such footage or photographs for the following reasons:
- for COG to publicise the Event for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandising, and other documents that may be made available to the public; and
- for our commercial partners to publicise their involvement and/or association with the Event.
2. No personal details (including names or photographs) of anyone under the age of 16 will be used in the manner described above without the written consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian, but we may use images where children are incidentally included, for example of mass participation in the warm-up exercises or on the starting line.
3. Subject to rule 2 above, please only register a participant under the age of 16 if the participant’s parent/legal guardian (as applicable) are happy for their images to be used in the manner described in these Rules.
1. All participants, volunteers and spectators are insured for any injury or loss to persons or their property during the event, other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of not following instructions by staff. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall limit our liability for any other liability that cannot be restricted or excluded by law.
1. Stocks of our participant clothing are limited. In the event that the size requested is not available we will send an alternative size based on availability.
2. All participants understand that any products distributed at the Event are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or substituted if necessary. We cannot be held responsible for any third party supplier supplying merchandise or other items on the night of the Event.
3. In the event that you would like personal details printed on your merchandise, we will pass on the requested information to a partner organisation who will print the requested information.
1. Our lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 6.00pm (except bank holidays). Phone lines maybe unavailable on weekends. Please note that calls to our number may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.
2. Please allow up to 48 hours for a reply to our email. We are a small organisation and run by volunteers, which can hinder our efficiency during busy periods.
Register now to order your pack here:
Event Over, Registration Closed. Please sign up to our mailing list for information about our future events.