We were being extremely ambitious with this plan and found that it would not have been safe to run so we have decided to put it back on the drawing board, reschedule it and run it when we are better prepared.
Saturday 22nd December 2018
Starts at 5.30pm, Ends at 8.00pm
Registration Fee: £15.00 (children under 10 do not need to register)
End your year by lighting up your support for youth provision in Leicester and Leicestershire. Take on the challenge and walk with us around Watermead Country Park. Register by following the details below. Let’s make this a night to support local youth clubs!
Everyone that registers will receive a Registration Pack, Walker Registration Card, free gift (to wear during the event) and a 20% discount code for all Walkamead merchandise.
Registration is as easy as click the red button below and making your payment. If you choose not to share your address, your goodies will be available to collect from the registration tent, at the event.
If you prefer to pay on the night, you can register and will receive your Registration Pack, Walker Registration Card, free gift and 20% discount code, after you have paid.*
*please note that this event has limited numbers. The number of packs, cards and free gifts we bring to Walkamead 2018 will also be limited and therefore cannot guarantee you will receive a pack or gift. Please register online to guarantee yourself all the items.
How to return your sponsorship
If you would like to donate additional sponsorship towards Walkamead 2018 then please click this button here:
If you would prefer to donate by sending a cheque, you can make it payable to “COG Youth Services” and post it to:
COG Youth Services Ltd
53 Osmaston Road
You will receive a copy of each of these documents within your Registration Pack.
Walkamead 2018 Itinery
Walkamead 2018 Kit List
Walkamead Route map
Get your company involved
We will be hosting 100 people on the first ever Walkamead event.
These rules (“the Rules”) also known as the Terms and Conditions, apply to Walkamead 2018 (the “Event”), and by registering for the Event you are agreeing to comply with them. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend the Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters. All Registrations Packs contain a ‘Mini Terms and Conditions’ leaflet, which acts as a quick guide to the rules. All participants are encouraged to read these rules, in full before registering their place.
If you have any questions, please contact the COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 and we will be happy to assist you.
Walkamead 2018 is organised by COG Youth Services Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales, registered office: 53 Osmaston Road, Leicester, LE5 5JH, registered company number: 8441590).
Where reference is made to “COG” in these Rules, it means COG Youth Services Ltd.
1. The full registration fee of £15.00 per participant shall apply for all participants aged 10 and over. All participants aged under 10 will not be charged a registration fee but must be accompanied by a person registered in the event. Only those that have paid the registration fee will receive a Registration Pack and accompaniments. This fee contributes towards the costs of staging the Event.
2. Unfortunately given the limited number of spaces for the Event, the entry fee is non-refundable unless we change the Event venue, time and/or date in a material way and you are no longer able to attend the Event, or if we cancel the Event altogether. We ask that you let us know as soon as possible if you need or want to withdraw from your Event for any reason.
3. Entry places in the Event are personal to participants and you may not transfer your place to anyone else, as it may cause problems of identification, for example.
4. Walkamead 2018 registration packs will be issued to registered participants from November 2018 onwards. If you register for the Event after this time and your Walkamead registration pack does not arrive within one week of registration, please call the COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 and we will advise you of the appropriate arrangements.
5. We are able to accept entries on the night of the Event. Your registration pack and accompaniments will be given to you after payment, however, we cannot guarantee you will receive a registration pack or accompaniments unless you register in advance.
6. Walkamead 2018 is open to both men and women. Only registered participants aged 10 or over on the night of the Event, who have paid the entry fee (or had the fee paid for them), are eligible to take part.
7. Participants aged 10 to 17 (inclusive) on the night of the Event must be registered in addition to, and accompanied by, another participant aged 18 or over. Participants aged 18 or over will be able to register an extra participant aged between 10 to 17 by buying a ticket from our website. If you are registering an extra participant who is under 17, you must have permission from that person’s parent or legal guardian.
8. Participants may be required to provide proof of age on the night of the Event. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event, with no refund, to any participant who is under age, or is unable to provide proof of age when requested to do so by any Event official.
9. Event entry will close when maximum participant capacity is reached.
1. Walkamead 2018 is open to volunteers aged 13 or over on the night of the Event. If you wish to volunteer please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you are aged between 13 and 17 (inclusive) on the night of the Event, you will need to register as a volunteer, in advance. You will not be able to volunteer until this has been completed.
3. If you would like to enter a team of volunteers, you can do so by ensuring each person in the team have contacted us at email@example.com and registered as volunteers. While we will do our best to place everyone together, this cannot be guaranteed.
1. Wheelchair users are encouraged to enter Walkamead 2018. However, part of the route crosses a rope bridge and therefore an alternative, shorter route will be used. All participants wishing to take part in Walkamead 2018 using a wheelchair must call COG Youth Services Ltd on 07866633144 to ensure appropriate arrangements are in place.
2. Unfortunately, mobility scooter users are permitted to take part in Walkamead 2018. However, part of the route crosses a rope bridge and therefore an alternative, shorter route will be used.
3. All friendly pets are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times and any foul must be bagged and disposed off in the appropriate bin (not in bins at checkpoints).
4. Careful users of baby strollers/prams or roller skates/blades, skateboards and/or scooters (not petrol powered) are allowed on the Event course.
5. Walkamead 2018 takes place in a public park with active footpaths and cycle lanes. All participants should make themselves aware of any public users of the paths and ensure they give way where appropriate.
Changes and Last Minute Arrangements
1. You should arrive at Alderton Close Car Park of Watermead Country Park between 5.30 and 7.00pm. All participants arriving late must abide by the instructions and decisions of the Event Director and other officials.
2. For health and safety reasons, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any participants that arrive after 7.00pm and no refund will be provided.
4. We reserve the right to alter or reduce the Walkamead course. No refunds will be due in these circumstances although we will try to notify participants in advance of any significant changes where we are able to do so.
1. All participants and supporters must abide by the Rules and any rules, instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the Event by police and/or Event officials.
2. We respectfully ask all participants along with their supporters not to use aggressive or abusive language towards our Event organisers, marshals, officials, volunteers, other participants or members of the public. You should also avoid behaving in a way which may cause injury or harm to other participants and/or members of the public, or which may cause offence or damage the reputation of COG Youth Services Ltd.
3. Members of the public are able to walk the route with participants at no charge, but will not receive any of the benefits of being a registered participant of the event. They can also take part in any activities along the course, however, maybe charged a fee prior their involvement.
4. We respectfully ask all participants along with their supporters to be respectful of local residents whilst out on the route and not to make any excessive noise.
5. We respectfully ask all participants and their supporters to use the litter facilities available around the course. Please respect the environment you are walking through and do not drop litter but carry it with you until you can dispose of it responsibly, this includes any organic waste as this can contain the waterways, can encourage rodents and maybe poisonous to local animals.
6. COG Youth Services Ltd is a youth service provider and as such opposes the promotion and use of tobacco, smoking in all its forms and the consumption of alcohol. All participants and supporters are therefore required to refrain from smoking tobacco products or e-cigarettes, drinking alcohol or being under the influence of alcohol at any time during the Event.
7. We reserve the right to ask participants and supporters to leave the Event if they do not adhere to these Rules, and no refunds shall be given in these circumstances.
Closure of Course and Finish Venue
1. We reserve the right to shut down the Event course and close access to the Event, after an appropriate amount of time has passed from the start of the Event. All participants still on the course will be directed to the finish point by the shortest/quickest route.
2. Any participant who has not finished the Event, within a reasonable time (decided at the discretion of the organisers) of the event being shut down, but chooses to continue does so at their own risk with the understanding that they are no longer considered a participant of the Event, and as such are not eligible for any Event resources (including but not limited to pit stops, suppliers, venues, refreshments, course direction/support, personnel etc), and that they absolve us of any and all responsibility and progress entirely at their own risk.
Health and Safety and Medical
- your name
- details of any health problems or current medication
- the name and number of a person to contact in case of an emergency
- any other information you consider could be relevant in the event of a medical emergency
6. Please ensure to use the included reflective lanyard to ensure your walker ID card is worn at all times.
Sponsorship Monies and Donations
1. To help us provide the very best youth provisions across Leicester and Leicestershire, we ask that you try to raise additional funds through our authorised sponsorship systems.
2. All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to COG Youth Services Ltd. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event. You can:
- Pay in your sponsorship money online with your credit or debit card through the Paypal link found on our event page (www.walkamead.org).
- Send cheques made payable to “COG Youth Services” to:
COG Youth Services Ltd
53 Osmaston Road
Reverse of cheques should be marked “Walkamead 2018” and your walking number or Unique Reference Number.
3. COG (and our authorised service providers and agents) cannot accept any responsibility for the loss of any donations made in cash (whether by post or given in person). Please only use our authorised donation methods.
3. We are unable to accept any cash amounts on the night of the Event, as COG Youth Services Ltd does not have the suitable cash handling facilities. Only payments by card will be accepted, as we will have a card reader available.
Use of your information
1. By providing your information when you register for Walkamead 2018, we will use this information for the purposes of organising, staging and administering the Event, including in order to send you your fundraising pack. If you provide personal information on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes. If you would prefer not to hear from us, and have not already told us this when you entered, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
2. In the case of an emergency, we may also pass personal details provided by you (either the information you provided when registering for the Event or from the details on the reverse of your Event number) to the emergency services or health care professionals, and also use them for the purposes of contacting your emergency contact.
3. First aid facilities will be provided at Walkamead 2018. If you are treated by medical providers, your details may be passed on to us only for health and safety purposes and in order to fulfil our legal obligations (including under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995). All accident details will be securely held on the COG Youth Services Ltd Database.
4. We will act on your behalf to add you to the Public Newsletter mailing list, if you have ticked to Opt In on the registration document.
5. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and COG’s privacy statement which can be found here.
Filming and Photography at Shine Night Walk
1. Please note that COG (and our authorised service providers and agents) or our commercial partners may film or photograph participants, volunteers and spectators taking part or attending the Event and use such footage or photographs for the following reasons:
- for COG to publicise the Event for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandising, and other documents that may be made available to the public; and
- for our commercial partners to publicise their involvement and/or association with the Event.
2. No personal details (including names or photographs) of anyone under the age of 16 will be used in the manner described above without the written consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian, but we may use images where children are incidentally included, for example of mass participation in the warm-up exercises or on the starting line.
3. Subject to rule 2 above, please only register a participant under the age of 16 if the participant’s parent/legal guardian (as applicable) are happy for their images to be used in the manner described in these Rules.
1. All participants, volunteers and spectators attend and enter this Event entirely at their own risk. COG shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in or attendance at Walkamead 2018 other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall limit our liability for any other liability that cannot be restricted or excluded by law.
1. Stocks of our participant clothing are limited. In the event that the size requested is not available we will send an alternative size based on availability.
2. All participants understand that any products distributed at the Event are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or substituted if necessary. We cannot be held responsible for any third party supplier supplying merchandise or other items on the night of the Event.
3. We will pass on participants’ full names (but no other contact details) to a partner organisation who will print a limited edition T-shirt with your name. You will be able to purchase this T-shirt on the night of the Event if you wish. If you would prefer that we did not pass on your details, please call 07866633144.
1. Our lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 6.00pm (except bank holidays). Phone lines maybe unavailable on weekends. Please note that calls to our number may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.
2. Please allow up to 48 hours for a reply to our email. We are a small organisation and run by volunteers, which can hinder our efficiency during busy periods.
Register now to order your pack and freebies below