Health and Safety Policy
COG Youth Services is strongly committed to encouraging our employees/participants to take part, but the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount concern.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY:
To support our Health & Safety policy statement we are committed to the following duties:
- Undertake regular, recorded risk assessment of the organisations premises and all activities undertaken by the organisation
- Create a safe environment by putting health & safety measures in place as identified by the assessment
- Ensure that all employees are aware of, understand and follow the organisations health & safety policy
- Appoint a competent employee to assist with health and safety responsibilities
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures are in place and known by all employees
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities, telephone and qualified first aider at all times
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any organisation activity or whilst on the organisation premises
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
AS AN EMPLOYEE YOU HAVE A DUTY TO:
- Take reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or not do
- Co-operate with the organisation on health & safety issues
- Correctly use all equipment provided by the organisation
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.