Helping you to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring you to connect with and take part in the wider arts world.
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications that supports anyone aged up to 25 to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring them to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form – from fashion to digital art, pottery to poetry.
Through progressing through the five levels, young people get to:
- discover the enjoyment of creating and participating in arts activities
- experience arts events
- develop creative and communication skills that are essential for success in 21st century life
- explore the work of artists and craftspeople and gain insights into the professional arts world
- gain experience and knowledge to help progress into further education and employment
20 guided learning hours (recommended)
Arts Award Discover is an introductory award, designed for ages 5 and above, but is open to children and young people aged up to 25.
To achieve an Arts Award Discover, children and young people collect evidence in an individual arts log of their experiences of:
- taking part in arts activities
- researching artists or craftspeople and their work
- sharing their arts discoveries
25 guided learning hours + 10 independent learning hours = 35 hours total qualification time (TQT)
Arts Award Explore is an Entry Level (Entry 3) qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is designed for ages 7 and above, but is open to children and young people aged up to 25. Qualification number: 600/3894/9.
- taking part in a range of arts activities, including a personal response about what has inspired them about taking part
- the work of artists or craftspeople and arts organisations
- creating a piece of art work
- sharing with others what they have enjoyed and/or achieved through completing their Arts Award
40 guided learning hours + 20 independent learning hours = 60 hours total qualification time (TQT)
Bronze Arts Award is a Level 1 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is open to young people aged 11 to 25. Qualification number: 501/0081/6
To achieve a Bronze Arts Award, young people collect evidence in an individual arts log or portfolio of their experiences of:
- actively participating in any art form
- at least one arts event and their review of that event
- researching the career and work of an artist or craftsperson
- passing on an arts skill
60 guided learning hours + 35 independent learning hours = 95 hours total qualification time (TQT)
Silver Arts Award is a Level 2 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is designed for ages 14 and above, but is open to young people aged 11 to 25. Qualification number: 500/9914/0
To achieve a Silver Arts Award, young people collect evidence in an individual arts portfolio of their experiences of:
Arts practice and pathways
- identifying and planning an arts challenge
- implementing and reviewing their arts challenge
- reviewing arts events and sharing their views
- researching future opportunities and careers in the arts
- identifying a leadership role and planning the project’s aims
- planning the practical issues
- being an effective arts leader
- working effectively with others
- reviewing their project and leadership role
90 guided learning hours + 60 independent learning hours = 150 hours total qualification time (TQT)
Gold Arts Award is a Level 3 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is designed for ages 16 and above, but is open to young people aged 11 to 25. Qualification number: 500/9666/7. This award has 16 points on the UCAS tariff.
To achieve a Gold Arts Award, young people collect evidence in an individual arts portfolio of their experiences of:
Personal arts development
- extending their own arts practice, experiencing another art form and creating new work
- being involved in the world of the arts through placements, volunteering, training and research
- reviewing arts events and finding out about artists or craftspeople and their career paths
- researching and making the case for an arts issue
Leadership of an arts project
- planning a project, identifying the project’s aims and outcomes
- organising the people and resources
- delivering the project and managing the effectiveness of the project
- managing a public showing of the work
- reviewing their leadership development and finding effective ways to collect and evaluate feedback from participants, audience members and other stakeholders
Why choose us?
- We take great pride in supporting schools through their Arts Award Journey.
- We have advisors for all levels.
- We support any form of art.
- We can cater our contract to your requirements.
- We have advisors from ethnic minority backgrounds.
- We have male and female advisors.
- Everything we do is in accordance with the guidelines set out by Arts Award.
- We specialise in working with and in schools.
- Our team have worked in almost every Leicester city school and many Leicestershire county schools.
- We work exclusively with schools in Leicester and Leicestershire.
- We only take on a limited number of schools each year.
- We provide support and guidance to participants all year round for all levels.
- We invest in your local community by using the profits to set up youth volunteering opportunities local to your school.
- We provide free advice to all schools, regardless of whether we are contracted or not.
- You will get a full breakdown of our costs.
- We operate using Youth Work Principles.
Our approximate costs (based on a group of 20 participants) are:
Discover – £20/person
Explore – £25/person
Bronze – £30/person
Silver – £40/person
Gold – £60/person
Our prices are customisable as we know that every school is completely different and have access to different facilities and opportunities. That is why we first like to sit down with you and go through a simple checklist/breakdown of the award and work out what opportunities we have available and what experiences do you want the participants to have.
From there we will provide you with a quote, a breakdown and a simple spreadsheet, where you can adjust aspects of the quote and where you can see how much we charge for each aspect of the package you want us to provide. Giving you unique control over your award. Please note that adjustments may push the price up or down.
Please keep in touch and support us through our fundraising efforts to help us reach this goal.